ProgrammesModule: Accounting Consultancy Project
Course Title: Accounting Consultancy Project
Course Code: UU-ACP-3605-UG
Programme: Bachelor of Science in Business, Accounting and Financial Management - BL
The module explores the concept, theories and practice of project management and consultancy skills in the area of accounting. This module builds on the research methodology skills and requirements of critical debate established throughout the program and show how these key skills are vital within a business context to ensure rigorous decision making.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To examine combining the traditional research skills with project management and consultancy skills to enable an evidenced based approach to problem solving within a financial institution
- To improve student employability, enhance students' ability to manage complex projects across a range of dynamic business environments in the contexts of accounting and finance.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To explore the principles and practice of project management in business especially when analysing a complex business problem in the area of accounting or finance
- To understand and critically assess the organisational dynamics that provide the context for using selected approaches to managing business projects, investments, and problem solving
- To evaluate selected management tools and techniques in project management and explore key consultancy skills and the ability to evaluate appropriate approaches to problem solving within a business context
- To understand the necessity of true cause and effect analysis and the impact this analysis with have on cross functional and multi-organisational relationships
- To communicate project content in a structured and coherent manner to a variety of organisational 'clients'.
Note: Students have the option to choose any of the pre-established topics provided by the university or identify a current organization problem in the area of accounting and apply the consultancy project.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2, Year 3
Typical Module duration: 4.0