ProgrammesModule: Managerial Economics
Course Title: Managerial Economics
Course Code: UU-ECO-2404-UG
Programme: Bachelor of Science in Business, Accounting and Financial Management - BL
Managerial Economics will enable students to gain a good understanding of basic concepts in Economics when placed in key managerial positions in various organizations. The students will develop skills in decision-making and problem-solving as a potential position of a manager will require.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To offer a good understanding of resource allocation and efficiency in an applied manner
- To introduce the concepts of optimization techniques in economics
- To analyze the objectives of the firm using mathematical and analytical techniques.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To provide an overview of economic efficiency and optimization of economic resources
- To explain how managerial economics can be used as a tool for managerial decision making
- To perform an economic analysis involving optimization techniques, demand analysis and forecasting, applications of cost theory, price and output determination under different market structures.
- To explain the quantitative impact of government regulation
- To demonstrate problem solving techniques.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 4.0