ProgrammesModule: Sustainable Business Strategy in Health Care Organizations
Course Title: Sustainable Business Strategy in Health Care Organizations
Course Code: UU-HCM-3050-UG
Programme: Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Management - BL
This course/ module is designed to provide an analytical and practical perspective on strategy development tailored to the needs of leaders in contemporary healthcare organizations. The module investigates how healthcare organizations adapt to their environments and how healthcare leaders can effectively create opportunities in their industries through value innovation strategies.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To develop strategic thinking through promoting a sound understanding of core concepts of strategy and by applying such concepts to health care organizations
- To provide a framework for understanding the strategic management role in healthcare organizations, and offers a guide for exploring strategy issues in a global context
- To provide to future healthcare managers, with the tools and concepts necessary to analyze and understand how to formulate and implement strategies and policies appropriate for a range of diverse healthcare organizations in both the public and private sector.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To distinguish between and describe the different approaches to planning and strategy formulation
- To select and apply strategic management concepts to diagnose and appraise the current position of an organization in health care industry from a strategic perspective
- To investigate and prioritize how resources and competences can be leveraged to improve performance and competitive position along the value chain in health care industry.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2, Year 3
Typical Module duration: 4.0