ProgrammesModule: Health Care Ethics & Human Rights
Course Title: Health Care Ethics & Human Rights
Course Code: UU-HCM-3040-UG
Programme: Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Management - BL
This course/ module is designed to provide students with an understanding of the relationships between ethics, health care, and human rights, at both a theoretical and practical level. Finally, this module is designed for all those who think about the nature and values of healthcare work.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To demonstrate an understanding of moral theory, healthcare ethics and human rights
- To critically assess the relevance of ethical theory and human rights in specific areas of health care practice.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To understand health care ethics, and the role and function of ethical arguments in health care human rights
- To appreciate the nature of human rights for treatment and ethical health care practices
- To produce intelligent critiques of law obligations focusing on human rights and ethics concerning health care practice.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2, Year 3
Typical Module duration: 4.0