ProgrammesModule: Comparative Health Care Systems and the Policy Process
Course Title: Comparative Health Care Systems and the Policy Process
Course Code: UU-HCM-1080UG
Programme: Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Management - BL
Significant pressures arising from demographic and social change, the growing prevalence of chronic illness and technological advance have helped push healthcare and health policy to the top of political agendas across the world.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To explore challenges, problems and dilemmas in health policy and complex healthcare systems and some of the policies deployed to address them
- To explore the factors which shape policy responses and the process of policy making will also be considered.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To identify and explain significant challenges in health policy and healthcare systems
- To demonstrate understanding of a range of policy instruments available to policy makers and healthcare managers for addressing challenges and solving problems in healthcare
- To demonstrate critical awareness of factors which shape policy responses and the development and design of healthcare systems
- To critically discuss the politics of healthcare and the health policy process
- To articulate and apply concepts and frameworks used to analyse the policy process.
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 4.0