ProgrammesModule: Managing Human Resources for Health Care Organizations
Course Title: Managing Human Resources for Health Care Organizations
Course Code: UU-HCM-1010-UG
Programme: Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Management - BL
This course is designed to study the essential role of human resources management within health care organizations. This course serves as a comprehensive foundation for all aspects of human resources planning, development, and administration and is vital to both the human resources professional and the line manager that provide services in Health Care organizational in the Health Care industry.
Course/ Module Objectives:
The main objectives of the course are:
- To identify the challenges of quality of the services
- To identify the rational of clinical delivery and support systems
- To transform current thinking of human resources management accordingly
- To discuss the crucial role of managing people issues to a greater extent as an attempt to determine the success of Health Care Institutions.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To describe international standards for health care human resource management
- To understand the purpose and apply the methodology of strategic human resource planning
- To identify and apply recruitment and retention strategies in health care organizations
- To apply training and development of health care staff towards better management of patients’ needs
- To use performance management to monitor success in achieving goals in health care organizations
- To describe benefits of using performance appraisals
- To apply conflict management strategies while employees in health care organizations are dealing with patients’ complaints.
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 4.0