ProgrammesModule: Strategic Hotel Planning
Course Title: Strategic Hotel Planning
Course Code: UU-HOM-4020-UG
Programme: Bachelor of Arts in Tourism and Hospitality Management - BL
This module aims to give students a thorough grounding in the nature of business strategy and planning, the tools and techniques for formulating a sustainable business strategy, the broad approaches to strategy making and planning tactics within service organizations in the Hotel industry.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To understand the nature and content of business strategy and the strategic planning and management process in Hotel industry
- To identify and assess the external and internal factors that affect a hotel planning
- To recognize the interface between the major organizational functions and the total corporate structure and appreciate the expectations of stakeholders in the hotel and the means of satisfying them
- To review and understand how to recognize competitive practices and develop sources of competitive advantage in the Hotel industry
- To understand the processes for developing and implementing strategy within Hotel industry.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To discover and be aware of the components within hotel’s strategic business planning process
- To know the purpose and procedures in the planning process of hotel’ operations
- To plan and execute action steps critical in the development and execution of a hotel/business plan
- To explore the nature of strategic choice (generic strategy, growth and diversification, and competitive approach) in the Hotel Industry.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 4.0