ProgrammesModule: Managing Quality in Service Organizations
Course Title: Managing Quality in Service Organizations
Course Code: UU-HOM-3037-UG
Programme: Bachelor of Arts in Tourism and Hospitality Management - BL
The course is designed to prepare prospective managers for playing a leading role in planning and implementing quality in service organizations. The course provides an understanding in quality management concepts and techniques for managing, controlling, and improving quality towards continues service of customers in the hospitality industry.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To explain the basic concepts in Quality Management (TQM)
- To differentiate between product quality characteristics and service quality characteristics as well as list the key steps in the control of service quality
- To explain the process of planning for quality in service organizations as well as explain specific tools and techniques for quality improvement
- To introduce the dimensions of service quality and how to build quality into business services to achieve customer delight.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To critically evaluate the modern concepts and theories of Quality Management
- To identify the factors that contributes to the continuous quality improvement process in serving organizations
- To classify quality and customer satisfaction under the headings of ‘hard’, ‘soft’ and ‘outcome’ quality.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 4.0