ProgrammesModule: Event Management & Public Relations
Course Title: Event Management & Public Relations
Course Code: UU-HOM-3010-UG
Programme: Bachelor of Arts in Tourism and Hospitality Management - BL
This module will explore the range of communication issues facing the Public Relations and Event Management activities in relation to internal and external hospitality industry stakeholders’ needs.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To examine communication theory and its relevance to Public Relations and Event Management
- To explore the different types of Public Relations and Events and to consider their impact upon corporate reputation
- To critically evaluate the role of team development and team performance in Public Relations activities
- To consider current issues impacting upon Public Relations and Event Management including the management of crises and press /media relations.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To explain and put in practice the theory of Corporate Public Relations and Event Management in the hospitality industry
- To identify and solve significant issues impacting upon corporate communication strategies with the hospitality industry stakeholders
- To apply processes involved in managing communication with external audiences, such as tourists, sponsors, travel agents, and the media, whilst retaining ownership of the corporate image.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1
Typical Module duration: 4.0