ProgrammesModule: Tourism and Transport
Course Title: Tourism and Transport
Course Code: UU-HOM-2050-UG
Programme: Bachelor of Arts in Tourism and Hospitality Management - BL
Transportation has been an integral part of the tourism industry; transportation links tourists with various tourist attractions. There is a general agreement that tourism expands more when there are better transportation systems.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To introduce students to the various fields of transportation relevant for the tourism industry
- To familiarize students with the importance of transportation for destinations accessibility, internally as well as externally
- To stress the changing framework conditions for transportation
- To develop awareness towards the need of the integrating of transportation in tourism development and the ability to analyze and forecast possible transportation needs for a certain destination.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To provide an overview on all tourism relevant transportation sectors
- To manage transportation needs for certain destinations
- To evaluate the role of transportation as a tourism attraction
- To critically analyze the limits of further infrastructure development
- To articulate the consequences of steadily increasing transportation infrastructure.
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 4.0