ProgrammesModule: Introduction to Service Management
Course Title: Introduction to Service Management
Course Code: UU-HOM-1020-UG
Programme: Bachelor of Arts in Tourism and Hospitality Management - BL
This course/module it combines in-depth subject knowledge of the services practices that are used in the hospitality industry from a business as well as customer level.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To improve the quality of the services provided to the customer whilst containing or reducing costs
- To provide an understanding in relation to the structure and nature of information markets and services and to evaluate the conduct of market participants and information providers and consumers
- It aims to equip students with the knowledge of design, delivery, and management of services
- To develop analytical and problem-solving skills relating to service management.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To listen and speak in a professional manner to customers
- To use appropriate customer service procedures and to demonstrate effective responses to sales questions from consumers
- To exhibit punctuality and an appropriate work ethic and to act in a sense of professionalism in the workplace
- To complete a variety of basic quantitative activities involving customer service reviews.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1
Typical Module duration: 4.0