Health Care PolicyModule Details
Course Title: Health Care Policy
Course Code: UU-HCM-3045-UG
This course/ module explores the field of policy-making, non-making and unmaking in different aspects of health care sector. It analyzes existing policies and the process of their formulation of policies in relation to decision-making and implementation.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To discuss the common patterns and approaches to policy analysis
- To identify the main features of the most influential factors interacting in the policy making process
- To discuss the role of external resources towards policy making
- To discuss the value of a Policy Intelligence.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To identify and analyze health policies across all levels and branches of government, formulate health policy agendas and implementation strategies
- To evaluate policy formation and outcomes different methods
- To incorporate health care competencies into the practice of health policy research.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2, Year 3
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)