Health Care Management PlanningModule Details
Course Title: Health Care Management Planning
Course Code: UU-HCM-3030-UG
This course/ module is designed to provide an overview of the various planning and management issues in health care. This course deals with the management, planning and policy issues for health care organizations towards proper utilization of resources and planned operations.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To critically evaluate contemporary developments in health care organizations from a spatial analysis of aspects related to planning and development
- To provide knowledge on project planning and execution
- To identify the role of environmental influences and comprehend the important role of planning towards proper management of these influences.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To take a proactive role in problem-solving, critically reviewing evidence and arriving at informed decisions for planned actions
- To design the investigation of a specific health care management issue, collect and analyze data, and make recommendations for further development and action plan
- To evaluate policies, situations and issues in the field of health management, planning and policy-making, with particular reference strengthening health policy for managing health care organizations effectively.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)