Health Care Law and ComplianceModule Details
Course Title: Health Care Law and Compliance
Course Code: UU-LAW-2040-UG
This course/module takes an interdisciplinary and comparative approach to the study of the legal regulation of health services, decision-making, and professionals. The module considers a range of contemporary issues where health care and the law intersect.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To provide knowledge on regulation of professional negligence
- To identify the role of informed consent, reproductive services, and decision-making for patients
- To explore the role of ethical and other evaluative frameworks, promoting ethical awareness and a critical and reflective approach.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To respond to key issues pertaining to health care law, and the moral and ethical dilemmas they entail
- To apply related health care law informed by interdisciplinary and comparative perspectives
- To analyze and criticize legal and ethical positions in Health Care Law
- To plan, develop and produce legal research.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)