Business Investments and ROIModule Details
Course Title: Business Investments and ROI
Course Code: UU-BIR-3603-UG
This module investigates the value of measuring return on investment (ROI) when conducting a decision for business investment. Additionally this module is designed to provide a rigorous grounding in the theory and empirical applications of investment practices and portfolio management.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To provide a rigorous grounding in the theory and empirical applications of investment and portfolio management
- To provide students with knowledge and understanding of the tools of Portfolio Management and Investment Analysis and their application
- To assist students to appreciate the importance of the risk return relationship for Portfolio Management
- To give students an opportunity to apply problem solving and analytical skills to asset allocation.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To apply the tools they have acquired in order to set investment criteria, create and manage portfolios consisting of different assets, the most efficient manner for given aims and environment restrictions.
- To be familiar with a range of the most important Investment practices.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2, Year 3
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)