Advanced Financial Management Module Details
Course Title: Advanced Financial Management
Course Code: UU-ACG-3503-UG
This course will show students how they are expected to exercise professional judgement and how to take or recommend on decisions relating to the financial management of an organisation.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To develop a knowledge and understanding of financial management techniques suitable for all commercial organizations
- To understand the use of effective working capital management techniques
- To assist students to perform investment appraisals
- To provide an understanding of how financial resources are acquired from external capital markets and generated from internal operations
- To examine the effective utilization and control of those funds within the organization.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To understand risk management techniques in business and identify and evaluate the exposure of a company to financial risk and the techniques required to manage this risk
- Critically evaluate the impact of financial decisions on the strategic direction of the organisation and analyze a company’s performance and make appropriate recommendations
- Explain alternative sources of finance and investment opportunities and their suitability in particular circumstances
- Evaluate complex investment appraisal situations and appreciate the importance of the cost of capital to the organisation and how the capital structure chosen will impact upon this
- Analyze the key strategic financial issues that must be considered in an acquisition or merger, including valuation of the target company.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)