International Hotel ManagementModule Details
Course Title: International Hotel Management
Course Code: UU-HOM-4060-UG
International Hotel Management engages and prepares students to travel and work abroad in careers within the hospitality sector.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To demonstrate relevant software and trends
- To engage students with work in a multicultural environment and the interdisciplinary context
- To develop awareness of and respect for points of view deriving from different social and cultural backgrounds.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To demonstrate knowledge of the international dimensions of the industry and explain the significance of the industry within the global environment
- To analyse, evaluate and discuss the issues that need to be addressed when doing business beyond national borders
- To identify future issues surrounding the industry as well as describe and demonstrate knowledge of the various aspects of managing in a global context
- To describe and analyse the international dimensions of marketing, human resource management, financial management, strategy, diversity and operations management.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)