Food and Beverage Contemporary IssuesModule Details
Course Title: Food and Beverage Contemporary Issues
Course Code: UU-HOM-4010-UG
This course/module is designed to explore contemporary issues in relation to food and beverage aspects in the hospitality industry. The module concentrates on the latest trends of the food industry towards the enhancements of standardized quality, health and safety.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To explore the importance of health and safety in relation to food and beverages in hotel and tourism industry
- To discuss the role of quality suppliers towards the supply of resources
- To explore nutritional and food safety implications.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To apply efficient tactics in food operations and avoid waste of resources
- To evaluate potential food technology solutions and devise strategies to address the key issues raised
- To critically assess the role of or impact on the overall food production environment taking into account elements such as Supply Chain Management, nutritional and food safety implications and current legislation.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)