Health Safety and WellnessModule Details
Course Title: Health Safety and Wellness
Course Code: UU-HOM-3080-UG
Work-life balance is vital in fostering a culture of wellbeing by providing a variety of tools, education and resources to employers and employees that reinforce healthy lifestyle choices.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To familiarize students with the aspects of Health, Safety and Wellness
- To analyze major aspects of Health, Safety and Wellness such as principles of health and safety management
- To explore risk management, risk perception and risk communication
- To assess and evaluate human error and economics in cost benefit analysis.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To demonstrate knowledge of the various dimensions of the industry
- To explain the significance of health and safety management within the overall spa and wellness operation environment
- To analyze, evaluate and discuss the issues that need to be addressed when doing business in this sector
- To identify future issues surrounding the industry as well as describe and demonstrate knowledge of the various aspects of managing in a globally competitive context
- To describe and analyze and identify the dimensions of the risk assessment, human resource management, financial management, strategy and fundamental management issues relevant to the industry.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)