Conflict Management in Tourism OrganizationsModule Details
Course Title: Conflict Management in Tourism Organizations
Course Code: UU-HOM-3040-UG
Conflict management, like effective communication skills, is another important element of social competency in service organizations. This module promotes the use of several forms of conflict management such as negotiation and self-control. This module helps to educate the students about ways to communicate effectively when trying to resolve a conflict and/or reach a compromise.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To empower students to understand the causes and consequences of conflict and disputes
- To control and/or reduce their occurrence through appropriate behavioral management strategies
- Negotiate effectively with hospitality industry clients while resolving a disagreement or complaint.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To critically evaluate and avoid the causes conflict and dispute in the management of service environment
- To critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of rival dispute resolution techniques
- To select and apply the module’s conflict management evaluative techniques and its conflict resolution techniques effectively and appropriately to real life while building effective service environment and tourists’ satisfaction.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)