Efficient Operations in the Hotel and Tourism SectorModule Details
Course Title: Efficient Operations in the Hotel and Tourism Sector
Course Code: UU-HOM-3030-UG
This module provides a fundamental underpinning for the design of sustainable business strategies by focusing on how to achieve the efficient and effective management of resources and operations in the hotel and tourism sector.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To introduce you to the basic framework, scope, and management of activities involved in operations management in the hotel and tourism sector
- To understand some of the complexities in operations in regards to efficiency and the avoidance of waste materials
- To appreciate the strategic importance of operations management in term of hotels and tourism profitability
- To identify emerging operational trends impacting on the sustainability of organization.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To maintain efficient hotel and tourism related operations
- To design strategies that will enable hotels and tourism profitability
- To utilize effectively business resources and avoid waste
- Apply Lean operational thinking and practices.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)