Restaurant Operations ManagementModule Details
Course Title: Restaurant Operations Management
Course Code: UU-HOM-3060-UG
Restaurant Operations Management addresses content areas that are integral to a restaurant manager's job, providing current and practical information. It breaks down the busy and complex world of restaurant management into what the manager must know, from the restaurant's inception to its actual operation.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To make students familiar with kitchen/restaurant glossary and service term
- To develop skills and knowledge of menu planning and food accompaniments, its construction, formation and appearance
- To teach students to combine various methods, e.g. planning, designing, marketing, advertising, booking, decorating, billing, cooking, waiting, serving, supervising, bar tending, washing-up and cleaning, thus creating an entire food and beverage experience.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To demonstrate food production and service skills, both interpersonal and technical
- To perform all service and production operations to ensure quality and guest satisfaction
- To improve practical experience in the operational administration of a food service facility
- To fill in the different roles and job classifications involved with food service management.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)