Bar ManagementModule Details
Course Title: Bar Management
Course Code: UU-HOM-3050-UG
Bar management involves operating and running an establishment that serves alcoholic beverages. If you're in charge of managing a bar, you'll need to oversee a variety of staff members, such as bouncers, bartenders and servers. Entertainment is an important part of bar management as well.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To stress the central role of bar management
- To demonstrate the responsibilities of bar and beverage managers; key holding, banking, security and even recruitment
- To deepen the students’ technical, social and administrative skills and theoretical knowledge which will enable them to pursue a successful career in the bar and beverage management fields.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To control the performance of all product systems and stock control procedures in the bar
- To implement systems and procedures for administering functions, security and training in relation to bar personnel
- To gather and evaluate information necessary for the problem solving and decision making required in the bar business
- To manage customer care in an effective and efficient manner by setting the operational standards for licensed premises to deliver quality of service.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)