Human Resource Management in the Hospitality IndustryModule Details
Course Title: Human Resource Management in the Hospitality Industry
Course Code: UU-HRM-2000-UG
This module exposes students to the concept of maximizing employee performance in service organizations through different methods and tactics such as motivation, proper leadership, training etc. This course is primarily concerned with the management of people within organizations, focusing on policies and on systems, utilize effectively and efficiently resources, increase productivity and maintain good quality of working environment.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To collect and analyse data for the purpose of resolving issues directly related to human resource management; and to apply conflict resolution activities
- To develop intrapersonal and interpersonal skills as well as confidence when interacting with others in a number of organizational settings
- To communicate, both orally and in writing
- To acquire problem–solving skills in relation to employee’s employment
- To effectively use resources towards maximum productivity.
Course/Module Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course students are expected to be able:
- To create strategic recruitment/selection policies and practices and utilize employee associations for better business results
- To perform an effective job analysis, job description, job specification and job health and safety analysis for better employee performance
- To develop and implement effective job design processes and procedures including effective disciplinary processes and procedures
- To execute a training needs analysis as well as develop and implement effective training programmes
- To evaluate jobs in order to determine salary/wage scales and plan staffing needs during high and low seasons.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)